Why become a Plumber? Hep2O users give their reasons
Plumbers are the often-overlooked domestic heroes who restore sanity and avert crises. While it can be a stressful job, with sometimes unpredictable, unsociable hours, the positives far outweigh the negatives as we understood when we asked our plumbing community what they'd recommend about their profession.
What makes Plumbing such a great career option?
We spoke to Hep2O users to understand what they love about their plumbing profession and below are the Top 10 reasons that they gave us for plumbing being their career of choice.
Agree? Disagree? Leave a comment and let us know!
The top 10 reasons to become a plumber
1. It’s a lucrative trade. Plumbing contractors are one of the highest paid in the UK.
2. It’s a skill you can keep and use for life.
3. Evolving technology makes it an exciting trade to work in.
4. It’s a sociable job – you get to interact with lots of different people every day and no day is ever the same!
5. You’ll always have work! As long as we have running water, there’ll always be need for plumbers!
6. Apprenticeship programs help individuals get started. You can earn while you learn and work with qualified licensed plumbers.
7. Economic downturns rarely impact trades and plumbers are still needed in good times and bad.
8. The knowledge and skills for such exacting precision leads to fulfilling job satisfaction.
9. You’ll never have to call a plumber– you can do the job yourself!